Mr. Worldwide Bio, Career, Relationships

Publish date: 2024-05-04

Who is Mr. Worldwide?

Mr. Worldwide, most popularly known as Pitbull, is an American rapper, singer, and businessman. Born Armando Christian Pérez, Mr. Worldwide has successfully sold 25 million studio albums and over 100 million singles worldwide.

Ranked by Billboard as the 24th Top Latin Artist of the 2010s, Mr. Worldwide is the winner of  35 Billboard Latin Music Awards.

Pitbull is known for his super hit songs including  “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”, “Give Me Everything”, “Feel This Moment”, “We Are One (Ole Ola)”, and “No Lo Trates”.

Table Of Contentsshow

Some Quick Facts about Mr. Worldwide

Full NameArmando Christian Pérez
Also Known AsPitbull, Mr. Worldwide
BirthdayJanuary 15, 1981
BirthplaceMiami, Florida, USA
Sun signCapricorn
Age 42 years old
TraitsPositive: Hard-working, ambitious, and responsible
Negative:  Pessimistic, work-obsessed, and stubborn
NationalityAmerican
ReligionNon-religious
EthnicityCuban 
Political ViewsDemocrat
GenderMale
Sexual OrientationStraight
Height5 feet 7 inches
EyesBrown
HairBlack (Mostly shaved)
Education South Miami Senior High School and Miami Coral Park High School.
ParentsArmando Perez (father)

Alysha Acosta (mother)

Marital statusSingle
Children2
Profession Rapper, singer, and businessman
Net Worth$100 million
Social MediaFacebook
Instagram
Twitter

Mr. Worldwide Birthday 

Pitbull was born on January 15, 1981. He was born in Miami, Florida, USA. Currently, Mr. Worldwide is 42 years old.

Early Life, Parents, and Education

Son of Alysha Angela Acosta and Armando Perez, Pitbull’s parents were Cuban immigrants. A first-generation American, Pitbull’s parents divorced when he was just a child. 

His father was mostly absent during his childhood and his mother raised him as a single mother. Both his parents dealt with substance addiction and as a result, Pitbull had to live with a foster family in Roswell, Georgia. 

When he was in his teens, he developed an addiction to drugs and also began dealing with illegal substances. Due to this, his family kicked him out of their house. Pitbull studied at South Miami Senior High School and Miami Coral Park High School. 

Mr. Worldwide Career

Pitbull Early Career

Influenced by rappers such as Nas, Jay-Z, and Snoop Dogg, Mr. Worldwide met Lil Jon in Miami in 2002 after which he was featured on Lil Jon and the East Side Boyz’ album Kings of Crunk. Moreover, the Miami-based rapper’s song titled “Oye” was featured on the soundtrack to the film 2 Fast 2 Furious in 2003.

Following this, he released many mixtapes and was also featured on Uncle Luke’s 2001 album Somethin’ Nasty. He collaborated with Lil’ Zane on the single “Lollipop”. 

In an interview, Mr. Worldwide revealed why he chose the stage name of Pitbull. He said that the name appealed to him because the dogs “bite to lock.” He added,

“The dog is too stupid to lose. And they’re outlawed in Dade County. They’re basically everything that I am. It’s been a constant fight”. 

Pitbull signed to Luke Records in 2001. After his contract with Luke Records ended, Pitbull began working with Robert Fernandez of Famous Artist Music & Management. 

Fernandez introduced Pitbull to Lil Jon who offered him a track on his album. The song was called “Pitbull’s Cuban Ride Out” and it greatly helped establish Pitbull as a radio-friendly artist. 

Pitbull’s debut album titled M.I.A.M.I. was released in 2004. It ranked  No. 32 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and No. 11 on the Hot Rap Tracks chart and contained songs such as “Dammit Man”, “Back Up”, “Toma”, and “That’s Nasty”. 

The following year, Pitbull and Sean ‘Diddy’ Combs co-founded Bad Boy Latino. Presently, Pitbull serves as the head of the A&R division of the label. 

In October 2006, Pitbull released his second studio album, El Mariel. The album was a tribute to his father who passed away in May 2006. El Mariel reached the No. 17 position on the Billboard 200. 

Pitbull’s third album, The Boatlift, was released in 2007. His fourth studio album, Pitbull Starring in Rebelution, which was released in 2009, contained the rapper’s breakthrough song “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)”. The song peaked at No. 2 on the Hot 100 and ranked No. 1 in France and the European Hot 100. 

The following year, Pitbull released his full-length debut Spanish-language album, Armando. Pitbull was the most nominated artist for the 2011 Billboard Latin Music Awards. 

In April 2011, Pitbull collaborated with Jennifer Lopez on two singles for her album, Love?. The song  “On the Floor” debuted at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100 and was a certified hit. 

Pitbull’s first single to top the Billboard Hot 100 was the 2011 hit, “Give Me Everything” featuring  Ne-Yo, Nayer, and Afrojack. His sixth studio album Planet Pit was released on June 17, 2011. 

Related: Read the biography of famous rapper Dababy here.

Pitbull Later Career

Mr. Worldwide released his seventh studio album, “Global Warming” on November 16, 2012. The album’s lead single was “Get It Started” featuring Shakira which was a huge hit. Likewise, the third single “Feel This Moment” featuring Christina Aguilera peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

“Back in Time”, the second single of the album, was used in the film Men in Black 3. He released the extended play to Global Warming, named Global Warming: Meltdown later in November that year. 

In November 2014, Pitbull released his eighth studio album Globalization. His second Spanish studio album and ninth studio album titled Dale were released in July 2015. 

Pitbull’s tenth studio album titled Climate Change was released in 2017. In April 2019, Mr. Worldwide and Indian singer-songwriter Guru Randhawa collaborated on the song “Slowly Slowly”.

The song became one of the world’s all-time most-viewed music videos in 24 hours generating 38 million views on YouTube. In September 2019, Pitbull released his eleventh studio album, Libertad 548. 

The album included hits such as  “No Lo Trates”, “3 to Tango”, “Me Quedaré Contigo”, “Winning”, “Get Ready”, “”Cinco de Mayo“, and  “Mueve La Cintura”. He became a co-owner of the NASCAR Cup Series team Trackhouse Racing in January 2021. 

Controversies involving Mr. Worldwide

Often criticized for objectifying women in his music videos, many of Pitbull’s songs have attracted criticism for contributing to the “legitimization” of rape. His song “We Are One (Ole Ola)”, which was the official FIFA World Cup 2014 song, was described by many as not properly representing Brazil and stereotyping Brazilians and their culture. 

Owing to Gente de Zona’s support of the Cuban government, Pitbull and the Cuban musical duo were banned from performing at a New Year’s Eve concert in Miami in 2019. In 2020, Pitbull appeared in a podcast and voiced his controversial opinions on the COVID-19 pandemic calling it a “scamdemic, plandemic”. 

Likewise, he also made false claims about the origins of the coronavirus. Many labeled the “On the Floor” rapper as a “conspiracy theorist” and slammed him for spreading misinformation about the virus. 

Mr. Worldwide Relationships and Children

Despite being in the public eye, Pitbull has managed to keep his private life under wraps. Reportedly, the rapper was in a long-term relationship with Barbara Alba. 

However, the duo amicably ended their relationship in 2011. According to several reports, Pitbull and Alba share two children together. They allegedly have a daughter named Destiny and a son named Bryce.

Many gossip sites also claim that Pitbull has gotten tattoos in honor of his children. The “Give Me Everything” rapper provides Barbara Alba with a total of  $3000 in child support. 

After breaking up with Alba, Mr. Worldwide dated Olga Leora. However, this relationship could not last too long. 

Pitbull is currently single. Confirming this, the rapper said in an interview with Ocean Magazine, “C’mon, man, you know my slogan is Single, bilingual, and ready to mingle!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7hUc56N0RA

Mr. Worldwide Net Worth and Lifestyle

As of 2022, Pitbull has a staggering net worth of approximately $100 million. The rapper has accumulated an astounding net worth through his successful musical career and business endeavors. 

From 2017 to 2018, Pitbull earned approximately $35 million. Dubbed as one of the top 10 highest-paid rappers during the time, Mr. Worldwide has made $7 million in album sales, $60 million in concert revenue, $41 million in YouTube earnings, and $3 million through his film appearances. 

Additionally, Pitbull released his line of fragrances in November 2013 and has also been part of ad campaigns for several reputed brands including Kodak, Walmart, and Pepsi. A smart investor, Pitbull owns a majority stake in Voli Vodka and as the spokesperson for the vodka brand, he has made approximately $7 million. 

He also owns his personalized radio station called Pitbull’s Globalization Radio. As a result of his prolific career and investments, Pitbull leads a luxurious lifestyle that most can only dream of. 

ncG1vNJzZmiblaGyo6%2FRoquim6NjsLC5jqapZq%2Bfp7mlw8idnGg%3D