Amy Landecker's Daughter Had a Hilarious Reaction to Her Nude Scene

Publish date: 2024-05-05

Amy Landecker has been happily married to actor Bradley Whitford since 2019. The couple has no children, but they have kids from their previous marriages. 

Landecker was married to the musical artist Jackson Lynch, with whom she shares a daughter. The actress thinks the world of her only child and often talks about her in interviews. 

During her appearance on WNYC Studios’ podcast, Death, Sex & Money, she revealed she struggled with being away from her kid for days when she went to stay with her father. 

“It was the worst time of my whole life. People told me it was going to get better, and I didn’t believe them. I would watch Louie, there was this one episode in particular where, when his kids would leave, he would eat doughnuts, get high and want to kill himself,” said Landecker.

She added she was comforted by the scene because that was exactly how she felt.

Amy Landecker’s Daughter Was Not Shocked by the Nude Scene

With time, her wounds healed, and she found her breakout success in her role as Sarah Pfefferman, the oldest sister in the series Transparent.

The actress almost turned down the series because it required nudity and sexual activity, but the creators convinced her. 

During an interview with Conan O’Brien on his talk show, the actress talked about what it was like to work on the series and shared an anecdote involving her daughter. 

Landecker was with her then-11-year-old kid when her friend approached her and asked about the nude scene she had filmed for Transparent. 

Amy Landecker on Conon O'Brien's show talking about Transparent and her daughter. (Source: Instagram)

She was mortified about being asked about it right in front of her, but instead of trying to hide it, she went into mom mode. 

The actress calmly explained to her what her scene was about. Her character Sarah was filmed naked and alone, cooking and eating a sad meal in the kitchen after her lesbian affair ended in divorce. 

But oddly enough, her kid had the most hilarious reaction. 

“I tell her ‘so there’s this scene where I am naked and cooking a lean cuisine and you know she goes ‘Wait, wait, wait. You were cooking?’ Like, that was what was shocking,” shared Landecker as she cackled. 

Amy Landecker Will Not Allow Her Daughter to Watch ‘Transparent’

As for whether her child would ever be allowed to watch the Emmy award-winning series, it is a resounding no. 

During an interview with Cosmopolitan, the actress revealed that she even made her daughter pinky promise so that she would never watch it even after she passed away. 

“I just don’t think she should be watching her own mother being flogged. But she comes to my set, and she knows all my friends and she is in the community, and so for her, [trans] rights are just as important as anyone else’s,” said Landecker. 

For those who have not tuned into the show, the story revolved around a Los Angeles family and their lives after discovering their parent is a trans woman named Maura. 

The show was lauded for humanizing the experiences of the LGBTQ+ community. Landecker explained that her kid did not need to watch the show to understand LGBTQ+ issues. She just needed to know the people and their stories.

ncG1vNJzZmign6G5usPOqJummaOge6S7zGinaJmdrnqtrc2dnJyjlad6pa3UoJ%2BtnaJjtbW5yw%3D%3D