Are Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik Dating? All About their Rumored Romance

Publish date: 2024-05-06

It looks like music superstars Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik who are currently being shipped as ‘Zelena’ are the new couple on the block. The dating rumors of the Only Murders in the Building star and the former One Direction member have been floating on social media for the last couple of weeks now.

Either the two of them are actually dating in real life or the rumor mill is working overtime. We must say, either scenario is believable. Read on to catch more details about Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik’s rumored relationship.

When did Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik spark dating rumors?

For those of you who are unaware, let us share with you, the dating rumors of The Heart Wants What It Wants singer and the Pillowtalk hitmaker started swirling in the air last month. At that point in time, an alleged restaurant hostess working at a renowned New York City restaurant took to the video-sharing app TikTok and shared a video in which she posted the screenshots that she received from another hostess who claimed that she saw the two of them packing on the PDA while having their dinner.

In the TikTok video shared, we can see a conversation between the two hostesses. In the text messages, one of them claimed, “Tell me how Selena Gomez and Zayne just walked into [blurred out restaurant] hand in hand making out and I seated them.” She further added, “Everyone’s out here feeling bad for Selena. MEANWHILE, she with [Gigi Hadid’s] BABY ZADDDYYY.”

While having a chat with the media outlet Page Six, the hostess alleged, “No one noticed them except for [the hostess]. It was pretty public but … no one really cares about famous people in New York.” It was previously reported that Zayn and Selena spent nearly 2 hours at the celeb-favored hotspot. Although, a source backed up the claims of the TikTok creator during an interview with Entertainment Tonight.

At the moment, both Zayn and Selena are following each other on the social media platform Instagram. Not only this, but Malik’s mother Trisha has also started following the Love You Like a Love Song crooner on Instagram. Up until now, neither Zayn nor Gomez has confirmed their romance.

Last month, Selena Gomez dined with Zayn’s personal assistant Taryn Zimmerman

Before Selena sparked romance rumors with the I Don’t Wanna Live Forever singer, she was spotted out and about in public with his personal assistant Taryn Zimmerman on March 21. At that point, the two women were clicked by the paps while leaving the popular restaurant Nobu.

In the pictures that surfaced on the internet at that time, the two of them can be seen walking side by side while exiting the swanky Japanese restaurant. For the dinner outing, Gomez opted for a light gray denim jacket, a matching top, and a pair of dark gray slacks. She topped off her look with black platform boots and a chunky infinity scarf. When we talk about her hairdo, she pulled her dark locks away from her face and flaunted her makeup.

On the other hand, when we talk about Zayn’s personal assistant Taryn Zimmerman, she wore a black top, a cream-colored trench coat, and a pair of light grey jeans. She styled her hair in French pigtail braids. Selena and Zayn sparked romance rumors a few days after the ladies enjoyed dinner at Nobu.

Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik reportedly hooked up in the past

It looks like Zayn Malik and Selena Gomez have history! Not long ago, a top music industry source spilled the beans on Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik’s relationship and stated that they hooked up years ago. While referring to the romance of Selena’s bestie Taylor Swift and Malik’s former bandmate Harry Styles, the insider said,  “They had a thing years ago, when Taylor [Swift] and Harry [Styles] were dating [in 2012].”

The source stated that Taylor’s brief fling with the As It Was singer Harry Styles was enough to lead Selena and Zayn to try things with each other. The insider went on to say, “It doesn’t surprise me at all that they’re potentially together [today].”

Zayn Malik previously dated supermodel Gigi Hadid

Back in the day, Zayn and Gigi were an item. The pair who dated on and off for a total of 5 years pulled the plug on their romance in October 2021 after an altercation took place between Malik and Gigi’s mother Yolanda Hadid. Soon after, all the claims were denied by the A Whole New World singer. On the other hand, Hadid decided to maintain her silence on the incident.

At that time, a representative of the model said, “Gigi is solely focused on the best for [daughter] Khai. She asks for privacy during this time.” The exes share a 2-year-old daughter named Khai whom they welcomed into the world in the year 2020. At that point, Malik announced the arrival of the pair’s baby girl on his social media handles.

“Our baby girl is here, healthy & beautiful. To try put into words how i am feeling right now would be an impossible task. The love i feel for this tiny human is beyond my understanding. Grateful to know her, proud to call her mine, & thankful for the life we will have together x,” he wrote alongside a black and white snap of him and his newborn daughter Khai holding hands. The former flames have kept their daughter Khai out of the public eye.

After being snapped with Selena Gomez in New York City in March 2023, a close source told the media outlet Us Weekly that “Gigi has no problem whatsoever with Zayn dating. As long as he is happy and stable and continues to be a good co-parent to [their daughter] Khai, she’s fine with whoever he goes out with.”

Selena Gomez has dated a few famous men over the years

When we shed some light on the dating history of the Wizards of Waverly Place star, she has been linked to many popular musicians including Justin Bieber, The Weeknd, Niall Horan, Zedd, and Drew Taggart throughout her career. Selena was in a high-profile relationship with Justin Bieber for nearly eight years. Soon after his split from Gomez, Bieber tied the knot with model Hailey Baldwin in the year 2018.

In March 2023, the My Mind & Me singer took to her Instagram page and she asked her fans to stop sending death threats to the 26-year-old model amid their ongoing feud. At that time, Selena penned, “Hailey Bieber reached out to me and let me know that she has been receiving death threats and such hateful negativity. This isn’t what I stand for. No one should have to experience hate or bullying. I’ve always advocated for kindness and really want this all to stop. (red heart emoji).”

Soon after, the Rhode Beauty founder responded to Gomez’s post and wrote, “I want to thank Selena for speaking out, as her and I have been discussing the last few weeks how to move past this ongoing narrative between her and I.”  She further added, “The last few weeks have been very hard for everyone involved and millions of people are seeing so much hate around this which is extremely harmful. While social media is an incredible way to connect and build community, moments like this only create extreme division instead of bringing people together.”

Hailey went on to say that she will be more thoughtful of what she posts on social media. She continued, “Things can always be taken out of context or construed differently than they were intended. We all need to be more thoughtful about what we post and what we say, including myself. In the end, I believe love will always be bigger than hate and negativity, and there is always an opportunity to meet each other with more empathy and compassion.”

As per various media outlets, the beef between Selena and Hailey started when she seemed to bully the Rare Beauty founder online. A couple of months ago, the model shared a video on TikTok where she, her close pals Kendall Jenner and Justin Skye mouthed the audio, “I’m not saying she deserved it, but God’s timing is always right.”

Soon after, the TikTok users assumed that Hailey was referring to the Lose You To Love Me singer in the TikTok video who had just responded to being fat-shamed at that time. Originally, the feud between these two celebrities started way back in the year 2018 when Hailey got engaged to the Stuck With U singer Justin Bieber just a couple of months after he called it quits with Selena Gomez. At the end of the day, Justin and Selena’s love couldn’t pass the test of true love and they ended up going separate ways for good in March 2018.

Do you think Selena Gomez and Zayn Malik are each other’s soulmates? Feel free to share your thoughts on the rumored couple in the comments section below. Stay in touch with us for more news from Hollywood.

ncG1vNJzZmivp6x7rbjAp5ylpJmdsrOty51lnKedZIJygI6aqZ5lo5q5prrAZp6opZWveqK6w2axmrGeYrqiuMikZJ2ZpJ67qHnApaNmmZKkwrV506Gcoqpdp8Kuu9Gem2aqn6Kur6%2FEaA%3D%3D