WNBA Who Are Steve And Ginni Burton? Veronica Burton Parents

Publish date: 2024-05-09

Veronica Burton Parents have been an unwavering support throughout her life. Learn more about her parents in this article.

Veronica was selected for the AP All-America squad for the first time in program history.

On April 11, 2022, the Dallas Wings selected Burton in the first round of the WNBA draft, taking him seventh overall.

On March 25, 2022, she declared for the 2022 WNBA draft, forfeiting the additional year of eligibility she had owing to the COVID-19 pandemic.

She was voted the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year after a standout campaign and was selected to the Big Ten All-Defensive Team.

Also Read: WNBA Satou Sabally Brother Meet Lamin Sabally And Sister Nyara Sbally

Veronica Burton Parents: Where Are They From?

From the Northwestern region of the United States, Ginni Vath and Steve make an appearance. On July 12, 2000, Veronica was born in Newton, Massachusetts.

Steve and Ginni’s age distinction remains a mystery. Steve, a 1982–84 quarterback for the Wildcats, advocated for a reasonable strategy.

Both her father and mother come from a family of athletes.

The Burton family has always been involved in athletics. Her three siblings all competed in collegiate sports.

Ron, her late grandfather, was selected first overall in the 1960 AFL Draft by the Boston Patriots while playing football for Northwestern.

After graduating, he was chosen for three various professional football leagues.

As the first-ever pick by the AFL’s Boston Patriots, Ron played for the team for six years and eventually gave birth to four sons who would don the purple and white and a daughter who attended NU.

At Northwestern, three of Veronica’s uncles were also football players. For the Wildcats, Ginni was an All-American swimmer.

Beyond the court or the field, Veronica’s relationships with her family members are far more profound. She boasted about her father “in life outside of sports,” as she wrote in the first-person exclusive below.

Veronica Burton Father: Meet Steve Burton

Steve, Veronica’s father, played quarterback at Northwestern University before moving to Boston to pursue a career as a sports reporter.

Burton’s parents had always encouraged her to work hard and study to fulfill her dream of being a skilled basketball player, so she did just that.

When people ask me who I admire or who has taught me the most, my dad is always the first person that comes to mind, said Veronica.

His everyday willingness to make sacrifices for myself and my family is evidence of his selflessness.

He is the first to encourage me on bad days, and before a big game, he is the last person I talk to.

His faith in Veronica is unwavering. “My dad always tells me how much he believes in me, and I don’t believe anyone believes in me more.

This has profoundly affected me. However, knowing that he has complete faith in me inspires me to have that confidence in myself.

Veronica Burton Mother: Meet Ginni Burton

Veronica’s mother, Ginni, was an All-American and Big Ten champion while swimming for the Wildcats.

However, because she developed an early interest in basketball, she did not adopt her mother’s sport but rather her father’s.

According to her mother, she observed everything they did and absorbed what she needed to know from it.

Ginni, her mother, was a former Northwestern All-American swimmer and competitor in the 1984 Olympic Trials. “She would dribble in the court with two balls pretty easily,” Ginni recalled.

“I didn’t record it because I thought it was quite regular, but I now realize it wasn’t. It’s pretty unique, said Ginni,

Her mother has been her greatest inspiration and supporter.

Also Read: WNBA Who Are Carlos Lopez And Sophie Senechal? Lou Lopez Senechal’s Parents

ncG1vNJzZmiln5myrbLAnKtnm5%2BifLex0ailopuRYq%2B2vtOopWaokaeyr8DSZq6hp12Wv6Z50q2cr51dlrulecaipaehXw%3D%3D